- Borgers has been producing components for the international automotive industry in the Czech Republic for around 20 years
- The company's organizational development has been unable to keep pace with its rapid growth in recent years
- Production processes for the individual components are spread over all 3 works
- The floor space, specifically for finished goods, is no longer adequate
- Design and development of a new logistics center directly connected to production
- Professionalization and streamlining of the SCM organization, in particular by creating an order center
- Set-up of a future-proof production layout across all three Czech plants to reduce storage stages and, above all, internal transport
- Reorganization of scheduling and control parameters and thus shift from a push principle to a pull principle throughout the entire production.
- The required storage area was determined and the design for a new logistics center completed within 6 months
- The associated potential cost savings were around €4.5 million p.a.
- The SCM organization was streamlined, an order center established and KPIs implemented
- The future-proof production layout results in considerably reduced internal transport
Numbers and Facts
Measurable Success of the taskforce Interim Manager
220 Sales in € million
1 Customer satisfaction